Munio Home Wine & champagne flutes are crafted delicately by our master craftsmen using the age-old technique of mouth blowing hot glass blob, & molding it into a beautiful flute. This flute would make your favorite wine or champagne experience more delightful as it is lead-free and made with recycled glass protecting the natural resources. However, to keep this experience delightful and extravagant forever, you need to take care of these beauties with utmost diligence. I know these flutes demand extra, which can be tiresome, but it’s okay as the fruit of your work will make you feel luxurious every time you take a sip. In European Culture, it’s a tradition to pass on the precious wine or champagne flutes to the younger generation, it’s not just a small handcrafted wine glass but the feelings the memories attached to it. Similarly, we Indians do that with clothes, jewelry, etc. mothers pass on their wedding dress or jewelry to their daughter.
Also, the wine glass plays an important role in the taste and color of the wine itself. A person who loves to sip on a glass of wine while enjoying his hearty medium-rare steak will surely pay attention to the wine glass you serve the wine in. The huge bowl and the narrow mouth of the red wine glass help the drinker to aerate the wine properly, get the color, and the narrow mouth helps to encompass all the heavenly aromas. The tall and narrow mouth of the champagne flute helps the drinker to enjoy those lovely bubbles in it. The long stem helps the drinker to hold the glass away from fingers without turning the champagne warm. If you are a wine enthusiast, then you got to maintain these beauties so you could enjoy your favorite wine all the time
Check out the tips on caring and storage of these flutes, so that it lives long and continues passing on a million memories you and your loved ones made with it.
- To avoid any breakage, you should always hold a Champagne or wine flutes from the bowl, not from the stem, as it is the most delicate part of the flute, and it might break. It would be better if you always try to cup the bowl from the base of the flute with your fingers.
- We recommend you to wash the Munio Home flutes immediately after use to avoid any staining on the glass. If you are feeling too lazy to clean it, right after drinking wine or planning to clean all after-party mess in the morning, you can fill them with some lukewarm water and wash it in the morning.
- One should always hand wash the wine & champagne flutes just fill the bowl with lukewarm water and a little (just a drop or two) liquid dish detergent in it swirl it and rinse it again with lukewarm water until all the soap is gone. Never put too hot water in the flute, as the flutes may develop cracks, or it may break.
- If there are any stains inside the bowl, then clean it using a soft sponge a bit of detergent. It would better to use perfume less or odorless detergent as the bowl is made in such a way to capture the smell. Honestly, nobody would like to drink wine or champagne with a hint of detergent smell coming to their nose.
- Once you have cleaned the keep the flute, keep it upside down on a soft towel, let it air dry, and then wipe it with a microfiber fabric. Never dry it with a normal cloth as it may create tiny scratches and leave lint behind.
- If you have that stubborn lipstick stains ( M.A.C doesn’t call it stains) on the rim of the flute Yes, these are too difficult to remove it, and nobody wants to know who was the previous drinker. Simply use few spoons of warm vinegar (just keep vinegar bottle in some hot water) and clean the stain with a soft sponge.
- Keep the wine glass upright when storing it in the cabinet as the rim is the thinnest part of the flute you don’t want to risk breaking it if you wish to extra care you can keep a sponge sheet on the shelf and then place the wine glass. Always try to keep a distance of 3 inches between two flutes to avoid chipping it.
- If you have an extensive collection of flutes, you can always rotate them time and again to make sure you use each one regularly.
Follow us on Instagram: @muniohome.in